Bringing Musical Theatre to the South Shore since 1989
- Everyone who auditions for a Kids' Cabaret production is guaranteed to be casted in the show!!
- Information on our audition process can be found on our home page (Below) or on the "Dear Edwina" page (Found in the top header)
- The show dates for our production this summer will be July 26th, 27th, and 28th!! (House opens at 6:30pm and the show will begin promptly at 7pm) (Tickets can be purchased beforehand at one of our dress rehearsals or at the door of the theater on show nights) (If you are ordering tickets ahead of time, please fill out the "Ticket Order Form" located under the "Forms and Handouts" page and bring it with you)
- Please email us ([email protected]) or use the "contact" page to let us know if you have any questions regarding next summer's production and/or the Kids' Cabaret Organization!!
- If you would like to be added to our email list, please send us an email and let us know and we can add you right away so you don't miss any important Kids' Cabaret information in the upcoming months.
- Parents! If you know that your child will be participating in Kids' Cabaret this upcoming summer, please take a look at your summer calender's now to see if you can help us by volunteering as a chaperone at one or a couple of our rehearsals. Please see the "Chaperone Page" for more information. We are always in the need of chaperones as we are required to have two at every rehearsal. (We do not require parents to volunteer but it is gratefully appreciated. Thank you in advance!!)
- Please continue to check for emails from us during the next few months as we will be sending out important information regarding this summer's production!!
We hope all of our wonderful cast members are having great school years and we can't wait to see you all at auditions in June!!
THROW BACK TO OUR 2017 SUMMER SHOW!!
JOIN OUR EMAILING LIST!!
If you are interested in receiving our emails and updates, please send us an email at [email protected] and ask to be added to our list. If you are already on the list but would like to change the email address that we have for you, please send us an email letting us know!
Email will be our prime form of communication, though updates will be posted in the website as well!!
Please email us if you have any questions about the Kids' Cabaret Program!!
STAFF'S CURRENT VIDEO PICK!
WEEKLY REHEARSAL SCHEDULE!!
WEDNESDAY ~ CHORUS REHEARSAL (6/20/18):
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES!
June 11th and 12th
3:00pm - 6:00pm
@ Saint John's Episcopal Church
(172 Main St, Hingham, MA 02043)
First, each child will be asked to sing a piece from one of the songs, from the show, that has been selected by our directors. This piece will be taught to them, by our directors when they arrive at auditions. This year, we have included the song title from which the piece will be chosen from. The song is TBA.
(Please note that the singing audition is not individual and those who are auditioning will be asked to sing in front of other children, in addition to the directors. If needed, a privacy screen will be available if a child would like to stand behind it while singing so no one else, except for the directors, can see them.)
Following singing, the children will take part in a short acting segment, in which they will be asked to act out a scene or improv one with, at most, two other children.
(All acting scenes will be provided by our directors.)
Once the child has finished acting, they will have the choice to participate in an optional dance portion of the audition. It does not affect the child's audition if they choose not to participate in the dancing segment. The audition process will now be over for those who do not wish to do the dancing part. (However, anyone who is interested in auditioning for a lead dancer position on the cast must complete the dancing portion of the audition.)
For those who wish to continue with the dancing, this segment will consist of the children being taught a short piece of choreography, by our choreographer, practicing it with them, and then they will demonstrate how well they, the child, can execute it, to the choreographer.
Following this, the audition process will be over and the children can be picked up.
Kids' Cabaret is a non-profit organization. If you would like to donate, please use the button below. Your continued generosity helps make it possible for us to provide a summer filled with singing, dancing, and most importantly fun to so many children. Thank you so much for your continued support.